So, I assume we’re still talking about black women today? My, to be a black a woman looking for love today. I can only imagine.
Yesterday, a guest post penned by Officially Ice, “10 Reasons Black Guys Prefer White Girls,” appeared on Funkmaster Flex’s blog, In Flex We Trust. In his commentary, Officially Ice uses various stereotypes about white women to help connect his reasons behind dating them over black women. I’m sure the publisher knew the title alone would receive some heavy traffic and link backs. Although he was correct, the ignorance behind the piece had me assessing his shortlist. While reading the qualities he listed, I kept thinking to myself that this sounds like a gay man.
10. Gay guys don’t mind getting their hair wet. We love going to the swimming pool and beaches. We don’t wear weave and we’re much easier to look at. We prepare our bodies seasons in advance for an outside pool outing.
9. Introducing your gay friend can be as easy as you make it. He should either go for the down low or overtly masculine gay. Those are always easier to introduce to your family and pass for a friend, best friend or frat brother.
8. You said you want a finger in your ass, honey? Left or right hand?
7. No secret gays are uninhibited in the bedroom. Think of the ways we have sex – creative, right? He’ll be in heaven if he were to find a fully versatile gay man. The possibilities are endless, and they’re all about pleasing their partner, by any means necessary.
6. If he wants a cheap drink date, he can easily find a gay bar to attend. The drinks are much stronger and cheaper. If he’s lucky, he can get an old sugar daddy to buy him one. Gays aren’t looking to buy out the bar, we just want our buzz and then we’re good. A pregame at the house is always in order because we aren’t going to spend too much money in the club on watered down drinks.
5 thru 3. Despite the perception men aren’t passionate and thoughtful as women, gay men love to spoil their man – especially a good man. They’ll even consider sharing in bed.
2. Who knows your body better than someone who has the same parts? So the discussions on good head from a gay dude – “I rest my case.”
1. Gays just want to have fun. We’re outgoing, spunky and can take control of any room we enter. We’re very multi-dimensional characters and hell, some of us think we are skinny blonde white girls. Cha-ching!
Now real talk: I have no problem when people have dating preferences. The only way this becomes problematic is when you have to declare to everyone what you’re looking for with ill-bred statements. As an older brother, I would hate to think people are judging my younger sisters on what they can or cannot do because of their skin tone. We all have preferences when it comes to our ideal mate. Nobody has ever said that all black men must fall in love with a black woman in his lifetime; however, respecting her wouldn’t be a stretch.
By the time you finish reading this post, I’m sure another article will be posted criticizing black women. Also, by the time you finish this, I’m sure you will offer your remarks as well.
Like black men, black women have never been afforded an extra pass in society. Instead of recognizing the great challenges black women face, considering we face some of the same issues, it is important to understand where and why these challenges exist. In a world where women are constantly beaten over the head with negative information by the media, and even abused by her own people, the least we can do is show some reverence toward our sisters.